1905 Revolution Square
Revolution square was the first square in Ulan-Ude and is still one of main and most central squares of the city. It was founded in 1786 and first called Bazarnaya. This is where the trade fairs took place twice a year.
In 1924, the square was renamed Revolution Square. It is surrounded by Gostiny Dvor, the shopping arcade, the Chapel of Saint Innokenty of Irkutsk and the monument to the combatants who died for communism.