Monument to A. Kolchak
The first monument to A. Kolchak in Russia was put up in 2004. It was erected near the Cathedral of the Holy Sign, not far from the Angara River at the spot where the admiral was shot dead on the February 7, 1920.
A five-metre-high figure of Alexander Kolchak with an overcoat slipped over his shoulders rises on a seven-metre-high pedestal. The front bas-relief of the monument represents two twin brothers (a Red Army soldier and a White Guardist) crossing their rifles and turning them down in token of termination of the fratricidal war.