Evangelist Church of Queen Louise
The Evangelist Church is one of the oldest buildings in Kaliningrad. It was built in honor of Queen Louise of Prussia in 1899-1901. Designed by architect Frederic Heitman, it was first a Lutheran church.
During World War II the building was badly damaged and the possibility of its destruction was considered. Later it was decided that the church would host the puppet theatre of the Oblast of Kaliningrad, which opened in 1976.