Uspensky Trifonov Monastery
The Uspensky Trifonov Monastery received its name on the day of the Orthodox celebration of the Dormition of the Virgin. It is one of the oldest monument of architecture and history in Kirov.
The monastery is located on the bank of Viatka River. It was created by Saint Trifon Viatsk in 1580. The original buildings in wood did not survive to this day. The contemporary ensemble of stoned building includes the Cathedral of Dormition of the Virgin (1689), the Church of the Annunciation (1720), the Church of Saint Nicolas (1751), cells, a chapel and a bell tower.