Vasnetsov Museum of Fine Arts
The Vasnetsov Museum of Fine Arts is the first art and history museum of Northern Russia. It was created in Viatka (now Kirov) on December 5, 1910 originating from famous Russian artists: the Victor brothers and Apolinar Vasnetsov.
Initially the museum was located in the mansion of merchant Repin built in 1815. In 1992, a new building was erected nearby. Between the two a monument commemorating the brothers was added “by the grateful fellow citizens”. The collection of the museum contains over 20 thousand items including paintings, drawings, sculptures, decorative art, etc.