Monument to Catherine II
The monument in honour of Catherine II was erected in Krasnodar in 1906.It was built as a sign of gratefulness towards the Empress from the Cossacks of Kuban (called until 1920 “Ekaterinodar” which means “gift from Catherine”).
In Soviet times the monument was destroyed. A new one was erected in 2006. The monument to the Empress is part of an architectural ensemble that includes the building of the Legislative Assembly and a square with a fountain.