Gulliver Puppet Theatre
The Puppet theatre in Kurgan is one of the oldest puppet theatre in Russia. It was founded in November 1848 by a group of four actor-puppeteers from the regional philharmonic theatre without having their own building. The puppet theatre received its status in 1964.
Its name Gulliver was given to it in 1975 when a talented company of young graduated from Leningrad Institute of theatre, music and photography. “Gulliver” has won many Russian and international festivals of theatre. It is a member of the IPA (International Puppetry Association), a UNESCO international association.