The Tsar Pushka (Cannon) is a monument of Russian artillery and casting art and represents a medieval cannon - bombard.
This enormous cannon was commissioned in 1586 by Russian Tsar Feodor Ivanovich and cast by Andrey Chokhov. The cannon has a length of 5.34 meters (17.5 feet), a calibre of 890 mm (35 inches), and an external diameter of 1200 mm (41 inches), it weighs more than 38 metric tonnes.
Originally intended for the defense of the Kremlin, the Tsar Cannon was placed on Red Square but it never participated in fights.
In the 18th century the cannon was moved to the Moscow Kremlin. Today it stands on a decorative cast-iron gun carriage, next to the 1,97 ton cannonballs that were cast in 1834.