Museum of Fine Arts
29 Oktyabrskaya Street
See map »
The history of the Museum of Fine Arts of Oryol dates back to 1899 when an opera singer A.N. Nikolaev offered his private collection of books and paintings to the province museum of Oryol.
Later it was completed by other donations by noble families and by the nationalization of many collections after 1917. Unfortunately several items were lost during World War II.
In 1957, a painting gallery was created in Oryol to host paintings given by the Regional Museum. In 1990, the gallery was renamed “Museum of Fine Arts” and got its current building.
© Text by BaikalNature. All rights reserved.
Nearest Transport Stations
Note: the distances are calculated through the air.