Museum of Fine Arts
The museum of Fine Arts in Rostov-on-Don opened in 1938. The permanent exhibition shows art objects from ancient Russia and from the 18th century to the 20th, art from Western Europe (17th-19th centuries) as well as works from Eastern masters. The collections gather around 6,000 items of graphic art, sculptures, paintings and decorative art. The museum is located in the former house of A.P. Petrov built in 1898.