Saint Stefan Cathedral
Saint Stefan Cathedral is the centre of the Russian Orthodox Church in Komi Republic. It was named after Saint Stefan Permsky who converted the ancient peoples of Komi.
The cathedral was first built in 1896 so as to match the 500th anniversary of his death. However the place was destroyed in 1932 by Bolshevik authorities. The construction of the contemporary building started in 1996, year of the 600th anniversary of the death of Stefan Permsky and was completed in 2001.