The Regional Museum of Chelyabinsk officially opened in 1923. However, the collection was already being gathered as soon as 1913.
After its opening, the museum moved location many times. From 1933 to 1989 it was hosted in the Trinity Church. The new building of the museum opened in June 2006.
The well–equipped halls display more than 250 thousands items divided into three large exhibitions: “Nature and Ancient History”, “History and National Lifestyle” and “History of the 20th century”.