Chamber Music and Organ Hall
The opening of the Chamber Music and Organ Hall in 1986 matched the date of the 250th anniversary of the foundation of the city.
The hall with a capacity of 300 people is located in the building that opened after the restoration of former Alexander Nevsky Church. This church was built in 1907-1916 under the supervision of Russian architect Alexander Pomerantsev, who created the shopping arcades in Moscow (now GUM). In Soviet times the church was abandoned. After a restoration an organ was put up in the church. It comes from German company “Hermann Eule” and is one of the finest instruments of this type in Russia and Europe.