Glinka Opera and Ballet
The Glinka Academic Opera and Ballet theatre is located on the oldest square of the city: Yaroslavskogo Square. The theate was built in 1937-1941 to replace the Cathedral of the Nativity of Christ, destroyed during Soviet times. During the Second World War the building was used as an armament plant (moved here from Moscow). In 1980-1983 the building was rebuilt. It became an object of pride for the inhabitants of Chelyabinsk.