Nikolsky Cathedral is located in Forchtade, an area of Orenburg that is inhabited by Cossacks. This religious building was built in 1886 by the parishioners.
In Soviet times the Cathedral was shut down and turned into a shelter. It was returned to the Church in 1954. It is famous for hosting the miraculous icon of the Virgin Mary of Tabynskaya.