Alexander Nevsky Cathedral
The Alexander Nevsky Cathedral in Petrozavodsk was built in 1826-1832. Today it is not only a religious sanctuary but also a monument of architecture of the 19th century.
The temple was designed by Alexander Postnikov. However the actual work was led by Italian expert: Pietro Karlo Madreni. In Soviet times, the cathedral was closed down and it became the home of the regional Museum. It was returned to the Church in 1990.