Monument to Minin and Pozharsky
The Monument to Minin and Pozharsky zqs the first monument to appear in Moscow.
It is a bronze group statue that commemorates prince Dmitry Pozharsky and Kuzma Minin, who gathered the all-Russian volunteer army during the Polish intervention in 1612.
The monument was unveiled on 20th February, 1818. The sculptor Ivan Martos depicted Kuzma Minin (the one who stands) calling wounded prince Pozharsky to place himself at the head of the Russian army and to get the Poles out of Moscow, with his one hand giving a sword to Pozharsky and with his other hand waving towards the Kremlin encouraging to make a stand for the motherland.