The Water Tower built in 1912 is a monument of engineering and technical architecture of the early 20th century. It is located on the former city walls not far from the Golden Gates. The tower is made of red brick in pseudo-Gothic style.
In the mid 1950s the tower lost its utilitarian purpose due to the reconstruction of the elevated water system of the city. In 1975 the Water Tower was rebuilt and turned into a museum where the "Old Vladimir" exhibition was opened. The former reservoir of the tower was turned into an observation deck from where one can enjoy a wonderful panorama of the city.