House of Friendship
This redbrick building on Sobornaya Square was built in 1907 and was designed by architect Yakov Revyakin on Vladimir's merchants money.
Originally it accommodated the municipal duma. In 1917 it became the home of the city Soviet of People's Deputies. Between 1948 and 1985 the building served as Young Pioneer Palace.
Once its reconstruction was finished in 2008, it was renamed to the House of Friendship. Now the building is intended for receptions of guests from foreign countries and other regions of Russia. There are hotel rooms, a concert hall and a negotiations room.