Church of the Deposition of the Virgin’s Robe
The Church of the Deposition of the Virgin’s Robe is located on Cathedral Square in Kremlin.
Erected in 1484-1485, it was the personal church of Metropolitans and then of Russian Patriarchs.
The Church was consecrated following a byzantine celebration commemorating the of the Virgin’s robe from Palestine to Constantinople.
The Church’s iconostasis containing four levels dates back to 1627. The icons retrace the life of the Virgin and mention the Acathist hymn. Russian metropolitans and Princes of Moscow decorate the pillars.
It also hosts an exhibition of Russian wooden sculptures dating from the 15th to the 19th century.