St. Nikita Church
The Church of Saint Nikita was built in 1762–1765 on merchant Semen Lazarev's money in honour of saint martyr Nikita whose day is celebrated by orthodox christians on June 6th.
The church's picturesqueness allows it to be one of the most interesting architectural monuments in baroque. The true wonder for the church was the iconostasis made at the time of Catherine the Great. The church was closed in 1938, and its building accommodated Vladimir's experimental scientific restoration workshop organized in 1945.