Central House of Architecture
This mansion was built in 1866 by architect A. Erikhson. Its Neo-Gothic façade as well as interiors mixing gothic and baroque styles add up to make this building one of the most beautiful in Moscow.
The house initially belonged to the wife of R. A. Leman, hereditary honored citizen. Later it changed owner often and served various purposes. In 1937, it became the Central House of Architecture.
Restructured in the years 1939-1941, it hosts a theatre and a restaurant in its basement. In 1975 an adjoining building was added.
The Central House of Architecture, whose initial purpose was to host the club of architects-creators and professional builders, now also welcome other active clubs. It has become an important cultural center in Moscow.
The house is also famous for its restaurant and its very peculiar atmosphere.