Museum of Wooden Architecture
The museum of wooden architecture appeared in Kostroma in 1958. Its open-air exhibits are samples of houses and church architecture of the 16th century to the early 20th century.
Different houses of poor and prosperous peasants, granaries, barns, banyas, mills, wooden churches, and chapels were brought here from various corners of the Kostroma region.
The oldest and the most famous structures are the churches from Spas-Vezhi village and Kholm village built in 1713 and 1564, respectively, Ershov's house (mid 19th century), and the church from Phominskoye village (early 18th century).
The dwellings houses presented in the museum are furnished with Old Russian everyday life items.