Military Administration Warehouse
The Military Administration Warehouse in empire style consists of three identical buildings and a fourth only for administration in the courtyard. Built in the early 19th century, they are some of the rare almost-intact remaining public structure from that time.
The buildings were designed by Russian architect Feodor Chestakov and were made to hold the army’s supplies. Although after a century they have kept the same purpose they played a decisive part in the 1917 revolution. In the 1930s, they were turned into a garage for Red Army’s staff.
Since 2008, the warehouse houses the exhibition centre of the “Moscow’s Museums” Association.
So as to commemorate the two hundred years of the Russian victory over Napoleon’s troops in 1812, a great renovation project was launched.