Marshall G. K. Zhukov Monument
This equestrian 5 meters high statue, supported in a 100 tons pedestal depicts Marshall Georgy Konstantinovich Zhukov. Known as the “Victory Marshall”, he gloriously distinguished himself in the Great Patriotic War (1941-1945).
It is so as to commemorate the fiftieth anniversary of the Soviet army’s victory on German troops that it was unveiled in 1955 in front of the History Museum, on Manezh Square.
The author of the monument is famous Russian architect Viachieslav Klykov, known for other works such as the “Cyril and Mehtodius monument” erected on Slavianskaya square.