State Nature Sanctuary «Vorobyovy Gory »
State Nature Sancturay “Vorobyovy Gory” (Sparrow Hills) was created in 1988.
Located on one of Moscow’s seven hills, with a maximum height of 220m, it covers an area of 340 acres between the mouth of Setun River and Andreevskiy Bridge.
It is a very pleasant place for a walk, auspicious for relaxation and leisure in all seasons. The Park has cycle lanes as well as ski lifts. A panoramic area offers an amazing view on the city.
Nearby is located the famous Lomonosov University.
In the 15th century, Vorobyovo village was right where the reserve now stands. The only remnant of this time is the Trinity Church, rebuilt in stone in 1811. The hills, very much appreciated by the imperial family, were renamed “Lenin Hills” in 1935 before going back to their original name in 1990.