In 1893, a great Moscow landowner created a garden called “Chicago”. Platforms, a lodge and in the centre a great fountain with a waterfall were built.
This garden was renamed “Aquarium Garden” in 1898. It is thought that it was because of a famous homonymous garden in Saint Petersburg. Other constructions and lay out were carried out in 1910.
Its history is deeply linked to the theatre located right next to the garden. This theatre enjoyed its golden age in the late 19th – early 20th century.
Nowadays, the Aquarium Garden not only offers the opportunity to relax but also to have something to eat.