Primireniya (Reconciliation) Square is one of the central squares of the city.
Historically, this place was one of the slopes of the Tsaritsa riverbed. Later, the square built here was called Predmostnaya (Near Bridge), as it is situated near the Astrakhan bridge erected in 1868. In the 1980s the square received the name Festivalnaya, and in 1993 it became Primireniya Square when on the 2nd of February a monument in the form of a cross was unveiled.
The cross was put up by the delegations of three countries - Russia, Germany and Austria - in sign of reconciliation of nations on the 50th anniversary of Stalingrad battle.
Since 1989 the square has a commemorative token, which was set up for the 400th anniversary of the city.