St George’s Church on Pskovskaya hill
This church was built in 1657-1658. Its central dome, gold-plated, is surrounded by four other less important domes that are vivid blue and decorated with golden stars. Its bricked façade is typical of the second half of the 17th century. A bell tower, in neoclassical style, was added in 1818.
St George’s church was shut down in 1930. After a restoration in the 1970s it became an exhibition hall for the Society for the protection of history and culture monuments in Russia. Returned to the Orthodox Church in 1991, service resumed in 1995.