Holy Cross Cathedral
This cathedral is located in an area where, historically, coachmen used to live.
On their request a wooden church was erected in 1719 but it burned eleven years later. Another wooden church was quickly built to replace it. However, it soon turned out to be too small to receive all the faithful and therefore it was decided that a stoned church should be built.
The latter was erected and then replaced by the contemporary five domed cathedral. Erected in baroque style between 1848 and 1852 it was designed by Egor Dimmert.
Shut down in 1932, it was returned to the Church in 1991. In 2000, it became parish Cossack church. On the birthday of Nicolas II (1868-1918), a bust of the last emperor of Russia was unveiled in 2002 outside of the building.