Church of the Annunciation in Vasilevsky
Just like many others, this church was built so as to replace another older one in wood. The first stone was laid in 1850.
Religious services began in 1758. However it was only consecrated in 1762, at the time when the wooden church was demolished. In 1880, a bell tower was added to the baroque church.
Shut down in 1936, it was badly damaged by bombings in World War II. Restored a first time in 1952, it went through another stage of renovation thirty years later when it was returned to the Church.