Church of the Resurrection (of the icon of “Joy to all the Afflicted”)
The entire name of the church is Church of the Resurrection of the “Joy to all the Afflicted” icon of the mother of God.
It was built in classical style between 1817 and 1820 and was designed by Italian architect Luigi Rusca. 27 meters high, its rotunda is decorated with twenty-four ionic white marble columns.
Shut down in 1928, the church was looted and served various purposes. It was returned to the Church in 1993.