Lutheran Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul
This church was erected so as to replace an old brick church from the 18th century. Architect Alexander Brullov was put in charge of the construction that started in 1833.
The new building mixing classical and Neo-Gothic styles was consecrated on October 31st, 1838 (anniversary day of the protestant reform). Fifty years later, the church went through a renovation stage and some modifications were made.
Shut down in 1938, the building was used as a storage area for theatre decors before it was turned into a swimming pool in 1962. The Lutheran Church of Saint Peter and Saint Paul had to wait three more decades before it was returned to his primary purpose.