Church of St Elijah the prophet
The first church on this site was built in 1717. It was made for the workers of a gunpowder factory. Another church was built to replace it before the construction of the contemporary one started in 1782.
The church, built in classical style, was consecrated in 1785. Its architecture stands out with its rotunda circled by a colonnade. It is made up of sixteen Doric columns. The walls are painted yellow. In the 18th century a chapel consecrated to Alexander Nevsky was added.
Modifications on its dome and bell tower were undertaken in the early 20th century before the church was shut down in 1938. Damaged by a fire in 1947 the Church of Saint Elijah the prophet was restored in 1983 before it was returned to the Church five years later.