Saint Catherine’s Lutheran Church
This church was built so as to receive the members of the German Lutheran community on Vasilevsky Island.
The building erected in 1868-1771 is typical of architect Georg Deldten’s work. He was also in charge of designing Saint Catherine’s Amernian Church on Nevsky prospect (avenue). The two buildings have many common points including their Doric columns’ porticos surmounted by a dome.
Closed in 1930 the Church was given various purposes. Religious services resumed in 1990.