Church of the Three Holy Hierarchs
This church is located on Vasilevsky Island near Saint Andrew’s Cathedral.
The construction of the building started in 1740. In 1760 it was consecrated to the Three Holy Hierarchs (bishops): Basil the Great, Gregory the Theologian and John Chrysostom.
In 1916, the church was offered to the Georgian community of Saint Petersburg that counted six thousand members. Religious services were given in Georgian. The church closed two years later after the Bolshevik Revolution. It was heavily transformed so as to host a textile factory. Returned to the Church in 1991, religious services only resumed in 1999 after it was restored.