Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich Palace (Vladimir Palace)
Grand Duke Vladimir Alexandrovich was the son of Alexander II. His palace is the last imperial palace to have been buitl (1867-1872) in Saint Petersburg. Like the Winter and Marble palaces it is located on the Palace embankment.
The architecture of its façade facing the river was inspired by Florentine Rucellai Palace (15th century). Its three hundred and fifty halls and rooms sport different styles: Neo-Renaissance, Neo Gothic, Neo Russian, rococo, etc. It was equipped with all the comfort of the time, including a lift.
Since 1920, the palace is known as the “Academics’ House”. This purpose allowed the former palace not to suffer too much from the Bolshevik Revolution. Its interior is almost unchanged.