This palace was the home of Earl Andrei Razumovsky, a Russian diplomat. It was erected between 1762 and 1766. Designed by architect Alexander Kokorinov, the construction was completed under the supervision of French architect Jean-Baptiste Vallin de La Mothe. The building has a beautiful façade decorated with six Corinthian columns.
Bought by the crown at the end of the 18th century, the palace then hosted an education-oriented orphanage. Since the Revolution, it welcomes a part of Herzen University. This University of Pedagogy is one of the most important of Russia.