Zinaida Yussupova’s Palace
This palace was built between 1852 and 1858 by architect Ludwig Bondchtiedt. He gave it an architecture that mixes Neo-Renaissance and Baroque styles. The façade has many columns, pilasters and caryatids.
Princess Zinaida Ivanovna Yussupova was a member of the famous Naryshkin family. She used to live in the Yussupov Palace on Moika Embankment. After the death of her husband she moved into this new palace and left the older one to her son. In 1861, the Princess married a French noble man and left Saint Petersburg.
In 1908, the palace became the home of a theatre club before it was nationalized in 1917. Since 1994, it hosts Saint Petersburg’s Institute of international business, economy and law.