Saint Nicolas Naval Cathedral in Kronstadt
This cathedral is located in the city-fortress of Kronstadt, on Koltlin (Neva river).
Architect Vasily Kosiakov designed this cathedral in pure Neo-Byzantine style, built between 1903-1913. Attached to the Baltic fleet, it is the cathedral of all the lost sailors.
The religious building was shut down in 1929 and became a branch of the Central Naval Museum. Since 1974 its crypt hosts the Museum of the Kronstadt Fortress. Although a religious service took place in 2005, the Naval Cathedral still hasn't been returned to the Orthodox Church.